Thursday, January 19, 2012

#TGBBR - The Great Belgian Beer Run: Brussels Bound

This is what did it.


Thanks, monks.

My friend Kevin came over hours after finishing his last test to complete his degree. To toast and celebrate his success, he brought along three small 11oz-ish bottles from the Trappist brewery of Rochefort. He brought the 6, the 8, and the above enshrined 10. For those of you that have to claim these beers as untasted, do the humane thing and remedy that.

It was our third five ounce pour, the number 10 that lead to this discussion.

Me: This (the internets) says that the 6 is difficult to get. Speaking of which, the 'Greatest Beer in the World' Westvleteren 12 isn't even legally available in the US.

Kevin: Really?

Me: Yeah, you can only buy it directly from the monestary, or from the cafe across the street from it.

Kevin: That would be an awesome trip. Just fly to Belgium, go there drink their beers, then come home.

Me: Yeah, hahahaha! That would be amazing!

Then we crossed the line into the land of Why Not?

Fast-forward seven weeks later. We are about to step on a plane that will begin our whirlwind beer run. Our goals are simple: Westvleteren,  Cantillion, and whatever else we can get into. I will keep you posted.


If you have any tips or suggestions for breweries, beers, eateries, or the like, comment below or on my Twitter.

Drink good beer with good people! (I know I will be)


I will post tons of pictures and other updates while we are on the ground. Follow me on Twitter for the latest: @adammmills 


Also, if you have any questions about the trip as it is happening let me know, and I will try to answer them.


Follow The Entire Experience:










No comments:

Post a Comment